Friday 14 December 2012

Music magazine: Research & Planning.


Various magazines and their target audiences. 


Kerrang! and Q discussion. 

Firstly, both of these magazines contain features that I wish to include in my magazine. However, they also contain features that I do not wish to include in my magazine.

Kerrang! has the target audience I specifically want to have, I want my audience to be around student age. It conveys the individuality and desire I want my magazine to feature, I want this as it personally seems key to catching the genre of my audiences eye. I want my magazine to offer insight to the depth of music and what current musicians are doing to further the art in music. I want my magazine to be a Rock genre. However I want small elements to make minor comparisons with other genres, but not a lot. I want to do this to expand the genre of rock that my target audience would support, the comparisons between them would make my music genre appear seemingly better. I want to discuss the difference between rock and roll and classic for example; I would expose the excellence of what my target audience support.  This is how the magazine Q links to what I want to include. 

This magazine focuses on music that isn't necessarily in the weeks top ten. It's more insightful to the art of music and skills around it. It's this type of feature I want to incorporate into my magazine.

I want my magazine to be appealing to a person who see's it for the first time however, so I would like to have highly motivated graphic images like those on Kerrang!, this is because I think they're eye catching to a person walking by. I also want to include two of the three 'most appealing words'. I believe these key features are what will make my magazine cover appear eye catching and realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment