Tuesday 16 April 2013

QUESTION 1: IN WHAT WAYS DOES YOUR PRODUCT USE, DEVELOP OR CHALLENGE FORMS AND CONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIA PRODUCTS?


Question 1: In what ways does your product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?







My magazine cover.                                                    A real media product called 'Mojo'.

As you can see my product uses some features of regular media products. For example on my magazine cover (shown above, left) I use one main image, in comparison this is a typical feature of real media products. However, in some cases, other media products use more than one image on their front cover but still include a main image. Furthermore my product shows a consistent use of cover lines such as 'Turning Green Day Green'. My product has also displayed a header and footer bar, plus the price, barcode and masthead. All of which are associated conventions of real media prouducts. I've also challenged forms of media conventions on my product. I've done this through my mix of different fonts, and simplistic use of colour of black and white. In comparison, the black and white remain consistent in my designs, for example as my double page spread shows the colours are still minimal, some what challenging conventions of media products. My double page spread also holds conventions including one main image, a text bigger than all the others and columns. I've also highlighted a quote to help engage my reader. Another convention includes the first letter of the article being bigger than the text following it. I attempted to to convey conventions and challenges, a challenge on my double page spread for example is that I use a main quote as a cover line and they use another during the article. 









No comments:

Post a Comment